Thursday, January 3, 2008

Long time no blog

The blog went on a standstill while Antara and Rachana visited and then all through Christmas. In a nutshell, Prague, Dubai, loads of mall trips to do Christmas shopping, and a couple dessert making adventures at home.

But now, I'm in Paris! Happy New Year by the way. I'm actually really excited about this year cuz towards the end I'm gonna be in Seattle, starting a new phase in my life. It's so cliche sounding, but it really is true.

So first day in Paris. I woke up really early because of jetlag and decided I'd walk to the Eiffel tower since it's only 2.5 km away. I kinda got a bit lost and kept hoping the tower would show up and then boom, it was right in front of me! It totally sneaks up on you and then as I kept walking, it disappeared again. Then when I saw it again, I was almost underneath it. Some people say that it's overrated but I don't think so at all. So I just walked around for 4-5 hours, took the metro, got some groceries and made myself food. This sounds nice and boring I'm sure but it's kinda nice doing this all in a new city.

Anyway, the plan is to go jogging to the Eiffel tower a couple times a week or as much as I can.
I mean, if I'm not gonna go running to the Eiffel tower, when in my life am I ever gonna go running?

Then my stupid eye, the pink eye, has spread to the right eye as well. It's really annoying because if I sleep for even 10 minutes, my eye is glued shut. It causes me to sleep longer, so I don't have to deal with the waking up process of soaking my eye to unstick it.

Well clearly, day 1 hasn't been too eventful, but I'm excited for the next couple months. I've been trying to speak in French which is pretty fun, even though I could get away with speaking in English.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your eye gets better soon..it sounds painful..:(

Antara said...

man ... pink eye ... i remember those horrible days ... God forbid, never again.