Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mind Boggling

Tomorrow is my first day of school. This past weekend I went to Edinburgh, Scotland with the Mittal Family. They've adopted me as their 3rd daughter :-). We all had a great time...got to do the sightseeing thing and hit up the pub too! Sanjay Uncle was officially given the title of a "Scotch Connoisseur" by a bartender at a pub. Pretty impressive! I tasted different scotches with uncle, of which the last one ended up tasting like a bathroom.

The way Sanjay uncle has gotten the title of a connoisseur, he has pretty much given me the title of alcoholic. As I stood in front of the store "Fat Face" taking a picture with the sign, Sanjay uncle points to the store "Lush" and asks, "Vaishali, don't you wanna take a picture with that sign?"

Last night I finally made it out to Mamta didi's place. Mamta didi made an amazing pasta and we played Boggle! The first time for me actually. It was just me, Mamta, and Anna playing and was going pretty well for my first time, until Allan came home. First round with Allan there, letters were pretty bad so I got 1 point and Allan got around 6, I believe. Next round...boom...the insecurities are in full swing as I see Allan to my left, head down, writing profusely. When times up, I decide to read mine out first, just to get the pain over with. Somehow I did get 1 point for a word starting with a letter that Allan "didn't even get to yet." And Allan's score?

43.

That is absolutely mind-boggling.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

BOGGLE! You're seeing the joys of my favorite game. I'll practice so I make sure I beat you when I come visit!

And I still can't believe I never forced you to play it with me.

charitha said...

what! i commented a long time ago and it totally did not post. now im pissed. and i forgot what i posted about.

charitha said...

good thing i came back to read the blog...AGAIN.

Unknown said...

hahahaha!! hilarious!!! can't believe my dad asked you that..! :o)

Unknown said...

Hey, I like your blogg..BTW, I am very impressd with your writing. I always thought of you as a science geek so never imagined you even exploring the right side of the brain..but it seems that you can swing both ways. :)

Antara said...

I'm so prode of you for actually writing regularly on this thing! And you seem to have a steadfast audience, which makes it all the more worth it!