Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nourishing Dreams

I just had this odd realization the other day. I think, every night that I dream, at least one of my dreams involves food!

The realization occurred when Anna said, "Sometimes food smells bad but tastes good." I couldn't think of an example supporting that, so I asked her for one. "I had something yesterday that smelled bad....or wait...I might have dreamt that." So I laughed for a second and said "wow you dream about food." Then I realized, the night before I had dreamt about enchiladas and how there were no refried beans at the grocery store. Clearly, I'm missing my Mexican food.

We've been eating pretty early here at Mamta didi's place, so I'm sometimes hungry by the time I sleep. That obviously would be one reason for the food dreams. Last night, I had a midnight snack and wasn't hungry at all when I went to sleep. Again, dreams of white truffles.

All this talk of food is making me hungry. I think I'll go make myself some lunch.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

No, of course there are foods that smell bad but taste good! Like smelly cheeses!

I always felt the opposite about some foods too, that smell good but don't taste as good as they smell. Like almond milk, in my opinion.

How are you dreaming about white truffles? You're clearly a chef now! I don't even know what those are.

charitha said...

It's such a huge dissappointment when food smells good and tastes bad--its like when i love the title of the book and the books sucks. these two things are like the bane of my existence.

and clearly its normal for us to dream about food since all other dreams have...failed us? HAHA. just kidding.