Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Doctors and Chefs

Sometimes I like to compare myself to a med student. When I roll out of class to the grocery store in my uniform, I can't help but think about how it's similar to when doctors do the same in their scrubs. The uniforms, in some ways, are similar too. It's likely that both uniforms are stained with unidentifiable liquids of various colors. Not as much for a pastry chef, but a cuisine chef is definitely bound to have animal/blood remnants staining their clothing. Difference is that doctors' are stained with human artifacts. Oh right, so are chefs'--depending on their proficiency with knives.

But anyway, I think one of the best parts of being a student in this field has got to be this. Most people carry pens in their pockets because who knows when you'll need to jot something down, right? Us...we keep a spoon in our chef jacket's pocket. Cuz you know, who knows when you're gonna have to eat something!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha...Paadoo!!!

Antara said...

ok, now I think you're starting to take your pastry school a little too seriously ... doctors save lives ... you just make lives more worth living :-)